About Scholarship: Every year, Africa Initiative for Governance (AIG) will fund five scholarships for outstanding individuals from Nigeria and Ghana to pursue the Masters at University of Oxford. AIGScholars will be expected, upon graduation, to return to their home country and apply their learning experience as change agents in their country’s public sector.
The AIG Scholarships are full scholarships covering fees, accommodation and living expenses.
- You must be a citizen of Nigeria or Ghana
- Commitment to public service in their country, region, and globally
- Outstanding contributions to the development and implementation of a policy that has yielded a demonstrable impact on the public good
- Academic and analytical excellence
- Strong commitment to public service
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities and resultant impact
- Impeccable moral character
Applicants who reach the second stage of selection will be required to furnish the following additional information.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Full Academic Transcripts
- Academic and/or Professional References (four in total). Please note that at least two of the references must be from individuals whom you studied under at university. The references should be sent directly to AIG, and should attest to the character and intellect of the applicant, including academic, personal, extra-curricular and leadership achievements. (References should not be given by people who are related to the applicant.)
- Personal Essay (no more than 1500 words) covering the following:
- Why you are interested in public service and public policy; describe the specific issue(s) or problem(s) you care about, your thoughts on how this issue can be resolved and how the resolution of this issue could impact the economy as a whole.
- Why the AIG Scholarship and the MPP Programme at BSG-Oxford are important to you and how you would utilise this opportunity.
- The description of a personal challenge you have overcome or an achievement that you believe demonstrates your leadership potential, and the impact of that achievement.
- Two passport photographs
Please note that APPLICATION IS FREE OF CHARGE
How To Apply:
- New applicants should click on the “Application” tab on the site menu and provide their basic information.
- You MUST click on the apply link (or copy and paste the URL into your browser) to continue the application.
- You will be automatically redirected to the application portal where you can continue and complete your application.